Saturday, February 2, 2013

Still stilled

I got a call from my sponsor, who I've not called in weeks.  I thought I'll start calling again, but still haven't.  Could have this morning -- I was up.  But I was trying to plan my eating, and the same old blank.  I did eventually make my mixed pilaf "Breakfast of Champions" with some leftover steak bits and trinity and radish slices.  Decided on dinner of stuffed breasts -- prepackaged, but raw.  Made them with some Rice-a-Roni with Parmesan sauce, heavily augmented with mirepoix, mushroom, and canned peas.  Donna didn't eat any rice -- I got it all.  Ate with some high fiber bread -- several slices.  Pretty much a filling meal with this volume.  It's 5 hours later, I still feel full.  Breakfast was less filling, and I wasn't feeling that hungry before I dug in.  That's typical for me.

Tomorrow is church stuff.  Baptist in the morning, Episcopal at night.  I guess OA in between.  The baptists make a point of putting out non-sweets with all the pastries and such -- but boring non-sweets.  Mostly bagel flats, quartered.  I'm not adverse to sweets, but pretty much am willing to give them up, and so I do.  Bottom line, when I've talked to my sponsor about Sunday morning with the baptists, she insists I plan ahead with something eaten beforehand.  I see some leftover spaghetti in the fridge, and wonder where it came from.  I forget when Donna last made spaghetti.  But that seems a good thing to heat up for a morning meal.  By my standards a light meal, and I just might do buffet lunch, which I'm permitting myself, though not CiCis.  That's another thing I can't explain to an OA sponsor.  What will the evening bring?  Donna will have cooked -- perhaps for two.  Having done a buffet, I won't need to be eating.  I've pretty much given up thinking of any kind of evening snack as anything that will be enough.  What I may do, just for kicks, is a Lipton soup packet and a tablespoon of Miso.  Noodles an option.  And of course, I'll want to get some veggies into it.  But that's to be seen... The antibiotics have kicked in.  But some liquids won't be unwelcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment