Sunday, September 23, 2012

coincidence

Today was church and OA.  I don't go to any particular church -- just looking for where I fit.  That's not very easy.  Today was Buck Mountain Episcopal.  The scripture was James, chapter 3, the last paragraph.  It was pertinent to the OA discussions as we finished Step 12 from the 12&12 and move on next week to the AA Big Book.  There I met a man who is dept head of Mat Sci at UVa.  He taught at CMU for several years, but after I graduated.  Plenty of troubled thinking in the wake of that meeting, over my failure to thrive in Metallurgy, and the 20 years hence feeling alienated and not economically viable.  That was part of the OA discussion too -- two separate lines of thought with different origins and different (though proximate) occasions but common theme. I've still not learned how to be a grown up, and it's too late now.  I've already grown old.

I'm not sure what to make of coincidence.  The temptation is to attribute it to Providence.  Or as I rationalize, it's just an arbitrary event, like those that made me fight the attribution of Providence in leading me to rent from Danny.  Yet more challenging thoughts.  It's been a day for such.

Breakfast was a 2-egg fritatta with the remainder of some blanched pepper rings I bought at farmers market. about 1/2 loaf of stale artisan wheat bread, some broccoli florets and shrooms and a left over bacon-wrapped filet.  A heavy breakfast.  Quite tasty.  Mid day was nibble, mostly junk food.  All day, spare ribs had been in the smoker.  I ate hearty -- another heavy meal.  Also store-bought tater salad -- 2 lbs for $3 special.  Junk since -- sparingly.  Some expired blueberry turnovers -- 2 eaten, 2 in reserve.

I've leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow morning.  The two peppers from yesterday.  As usual, I'll fret over portable snacks.  I got some Silk fruit and protein drink.  If I can find a container, I thought such might hit the spot mid-day.  I've not examined the specifics, but it seems to me a good alternative to the kind of stuff the nutritionist was pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment