Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Abstinence Schmabstinence

Sleep was my demon today.  Sleep and a stupid online game.  I was up at 4 to do some housekeeping with the game, then stuffed the pumpkin and put it in the oven.  I had the little bit of remaining surplus on some pita bread.  I woke up again about 3 hours later.  The pumpkin was very much done.  A delightful breakfast.  The rind peeled right off the flesh which was tender and moist.  The filling -- sausage, rice, and veggies mostly -- was wonderful. I've got half a pumpkin and two peppers left to eat -- or maybe discard before my trip.  Maybe freeze.  We'll see.

Anyhow -- dental cleaning.  All good.  A few errands downtown after.  Then I went hunting for a snack.  I didn't see anything on the Burger King menu that appealed, so I ended up at an Indian Buffet -- one of three (plus a Himalayan downtown) here in C'ville.  It was a three plater -- my favorite being the paneer and the cabbage.  Also was dal, aloo, and mixed veggies, and a couple chicken dishes.  Tandoori legs and breast chunks in some sauce.  I sampled both.  Decent.  Came home, read a little of that ACOA book, and then crashed.  Slept maybe 3 hours.  Woke to Pizza that Donna had made.  Night nibbling limited to some pie so far.

Tomorrow, Donna talks about breakfast at IHOP while car getting state inspection.  There's OA at 10, that I don't want to miss.  I might end up missing it.  I have some books to mail before I vacation the accounts for my trip.  Then it's all about getting ready for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment