Monday, September 24, 2012

Manic Monday

Still writing to nobody in particular, because nobody has found the blog.  Today was a med bike ride day.  I've 3 loops near home that I've been doing for years -- of and on.  Mostly on foot.  The one I keep telling myself I ought do twice a week on the bike is what I did today.  I think its about 8 miles loop from the Earlysville Forest entrance, plus the two mile round trip to get there.  I do the round trip 3x/wk or so -- to get mail to the post office.  Anyhow, I goes through EF to Advance Mills, then onto Fray mountain, Buffalo River, Simmons Gap and finally Buck Mountain road.  The dismount spots are several -- the last bit of EF road, the middle part of AdvM and part of Simmons Gap.  Some of Fray, too, but not today -- I stayed mounted the whole length.  The point of 2x/wk is to have a challenging route by which to measure my conditioning -- which I always think of as plateaued or regressed.  It's challenging enough, too to maybe improve my conditioning if done persistently.  It's about an hour ride.  No need to carry snack or hydration.

Food today -- kinda haphazard.  Toast and Hummus, blueberry turnover, Potato salad with relish added.  I stopped at home on the bike loop and had 8oz of fruity Silk.  In the evening, I was making a braise of the last of yesterday's spare ribs and some cabbage with a few veggie additions (broccoli stalk, onion, ginger, daikon, pepper).  Tom came by and we went drinking, as we often do on Mondays.  3 beers and some black bean soup with generous amounts of bacon.  Back home, I ate the braise.  Delicious.

I continue to read the Empty Heart book from Brazelon.  I continue to obsess over the Mat Sci dept head from church, and my own failure to thrive in that profession, despite a good deal of promise.  I like the church.  I like the pastor.  I even like to opportunity to deal with some ghosts, though I fear making a pest of myself.  I've been out and about alot lately with this commitment to OA and church shopping.  The pest fears are rampant.  As well as the resignation that I can't be otherwise, and the admonition to myself that I'm not so powerful as to pester people away from what they'd do were I absent.  But people are disappearing.  Blaming myself, and thinking that's silly to do so, and not knowing the reality of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment